Carbon Accounting Analyst
IT, Accounting & Finance
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2024
Who we are
Our mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to net zero carbon, but we need to move quickly. Emitwise wants to ensure that every organisation across the world, big or small, is able to embark on a sustainability journey that culminates in net zero. The planet deserves more than just another tech company, and if you do too, then keep reading.
At Emitwise, we've built a team that has the skillset and desire to bring automated carbon accounting to life — saving businesses time, money, and emissions. We have built a platform which makes it significantly easier and faster for companies to calculate, track, and reduce their carbon emissions. This allows them to reduce costs, future-proof their business, and become sustainability leaders. Ultimately, we're a group of people disenchanted with business as usual and looking to make a real impact through creative innovation.
We’re a well-funded post-Series-A startup backed by top-tier Silicon Valley investors who share our mission, including True Ventures, Outsized Ventures, Lightbird Capital, ArcTern, Social Impact Capital and Xplorer Capital. To develop industry-shifting products we work with pioneers like Marc Engel, Ex Chief Supply Chain Officer of Unilever, Lynelle Cameron, ex Chief Sustainability Officer of Autodesk and Rob Bernard, Chief Sustainability Officer of CBRE.
We are looking for a Carbon Accounting Analyst to join us as soon as possible on a full time, permanent basis. You will get the opportunity to learn from our expert Carbon Accounting team as you support them in delivering world-class carbon accounting to companies across our growing portfolio from SMEs to global enterprises.
What you'll be doing
We think in terms of impact. Here's how you will contribute when you join:
You'll deliver high-quality work as part of a team. You’ll analyse and interpret business activity data and GHG emissions results, ensuring the highest standards in GHG inventory analysis are met which will empower the customer success team.
We're growing quickly. Your ability to produce high-quality work in a timely way will allow us to continue to rapidly scale our customer base.
Support and learn from our expert Carbon Accountants. You will be assigned a mentor Senior Carbon Accountant, who you will learn first-hand from as you support them in the delivery of various different customer projects.
Define world-class carbon accounting. You'll be encouraged to take time to do research and develop knowledge, for your own development and to ensure Emitwise continues to be viewed as a world leader in carbon accounting.
What you'll need;
- You're deeply committed to tackling the climate emergency and have a sound understanding of the context of corporate climate action and GHG management.
- You have great academic credentials, including a degree in a relevant field (e.g. environmental science/management) or a broader field with a quantitative, analytical focus (e.g. data science, engineering or economics) and awareness of environmental issues.
- You have strong proficiency in Excel/Google sheets, able to transform, aggregate, analyse and summarise complex data sets.
- You possess innovative and creative thinking abilities, a strong desire to solve problems, the willingness to share your opinions, and challenge the status quo.
- You love analysing, interpreting and managing data and are able to communicate complex, technical information clearly, concisely and accurately.
- You're flexible, adaptable, and thrive in a fast-moving, rapidly-scaling company.
- You are passionate about our mission. "Does it get the world to net-zero carbon faster?" (Expect to ask yourself this question regularly when working at Emitwise.)
What is nice to have;
- Knowledge of corporate carbon accounting (in line with the GHG Protocol or ISO14064), corporate carbon management (e.g. setting SBTs, decarbonisation strategy), life cycle assessment, and/or the regulatory and non-regulatory drivers of corporate carbon management.
- Knowledge and experience in data modelling, and/or working experience in a programming language, such as Python, SQL or R.
- Experience-in or knowledge-of large corporations, particularly those within manufacturing sectors.
💷 Salary - £27-£30k
🗺 Location - London - 7 Harp Ln, London, EC3R 6DP (🚋Monument or Tower Hill station).
📌Hybrid working - We require the successful candidate to come into the office 2-3 days per week.
📅 Start date - You must be available to start within 1-2 months.
👨💻👩💻Interview process; 15-20 minute HR screening call, take home technical task (less than 1 hour), interview by Zoom with a member of the Customer Impact team (1 hour), values interview with two members of our team (1 hour).
🌍Accelerating the global fight against climate change through corporate sustainability.
🌍Attractive options packages.
🌍Pension matching to 5%.
🌍Unlimited holidays, with a recommended 28 days (not including bank holidays).
🌍Comprehensive health insurance policy provided by Aviva Health.
🌍£60 per month well-being contribution against gym or training costs, as well as an annual subscription to the enhanced Headspace app.
🌍Take mental health days, no questions asked.
🌍Flexible working hours.
🌍Cycle to work scheme.
🌍Personalised workspace: Whether it's at home or at work, we want anywhere where you do work to be a place that is ergonomic, comfortable, and productive. We offer a stipend of £200 per quarter for investing in your workspace.
🌍Shared parental benefits and leave available: This is applicable for either parent, as well as for births or adoption.
🌍Caregiving benefits and leave available.
🌍Regular monthly team socials. We recognise the importance of the social relationships you create within the workplace. We believe in creating regular opportunities for the team to come together and build relationships.
What are you waiting for?
If this sounds like a team you'd like to join, a mission you'd like to be part of and a role you'd thrive in, then apply now! And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for - send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes. Whatever skills you bring to the table and whatever background you're coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. The time to act is now.
We also believe that diversity is the cornerstone of innovation. We embrace uniqueness and continually strive for equity for all. Ultimately, our team powers Emitwise. We want all our employees to feel valued and appreciated for who they are, where they come from, and what they've achieved. Our employee policy is designed to prevent discrimination regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique.
All that said, it’s also important to mention that we are currently only able to accept applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK, and we like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!