Value Stream Manager
What we’re doing isn’t easy. But nothing worth doing ever is.
Here at Diligent Robotics, we envision a future powered by robots that work seamlessly with human teams. We build artificial intelligence that enables service robots to collaborate with people and adapt to dynamic human environments. Join our mission-driven, venture-backed team as we build out our Manufacturing Team.
As Diligent’s Value Stream Manager, your primary responsibility will be to manage the success of our talented Robotics Technician team as they build our flagship product, Moxi. The Value Stream Manager will oversee the operations of our Robot Manufacturing floor and act as the People Manager for our Robot Technicians. They will have direct influence on ensuring our production stays on schedule and meets quality standards as well as perform analysis of our production data to optimize for efficiency. This position will collaborate with other departments including: Supply Chain, Hardware Engineering, Field Service Engineering and Quality Assurance.
Within your first year you will:
- Work with VP Operations to implement a new factory floor layout and assembly processes for increased factory labor efficiency.
- Implementing a visual management system to facilitate daily standup meetings and ongoing visibility into the team’s blockers, opportunities, progress and achievements
- Developing a culture of continuous improvement on the manufacturing team, holding the team to a high standard on manufacturing quality
- Building and updating monthly capacity models based on the company’s production targets, driving the team for on-time product delivery
- Maintaining inventory controls with the manufacturing team and working closely with the supply chain team, such that we have accurate accounting of materials in-house.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering OR 10+ years of relevant complex manufacturing experience (Electromechanical, Robotics, Medical Devices, Aerospace).
- 2+ years of experience as a Supervisor and/or Manager of a team of 5+ employees.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Experience managing Production Planning, Product Assembly & Testing, capacity & resource planning and Inventory Management.
- Strong focus on Manufacturing Quality and continuous improvement of process.
- The ideal candidate has experience with LEAN or Six Sigma.
- Experience reporting on delivery and cost metrics.
- Experience using data analysis to prioritize tasks, workflows and order of operations.
- Experience working with cross functional teams in a collaborative environment.
- Experience developing and leading training sessions.