What we're doing isn't easy. But nothing worth doing ever is.
We envision a future powered by robots that work seamlessly with human teams. We build artificial intelligence that enables service robots to collaborate with people and adapt to dynamic human environments. Join our mission-driven, venture-backed team as we build out our customer-facing operations arm.
Diligent Robotics is searching for a Manufacturing Engineer to support execution and development of our manufacturing operations. As a Manufacturing Engineer you will support the team by assisting in build and test operations; ensuring the bill of materials and procedures are up to date; and identify and capitalize on improvement opportunities with respect to process, quality, and capacity.
The ideal candidate is self driven, passionate, and has experience supporting and developing complex electromechanical assembly operations. They also have a strong track record of working cross functionally for process development and optimization. This person thrives in a fast paced development environment and has the ability to make rapid decisions. You can deal with ambiguous situations, remove obstacles and own driving projects to completion and issues to root cause resolution.
- Assist in robot production, test, and troubleshooting
- Work closely with the design engineers for design for manufacturing (DFM) feedback
- Create work instructions for in-house fabrication of electromechanical assemblies, final integration, and systematic acceptance tests
- Adopt and tailor manufacturing and quality standards
- Resolve non-conformances found in the production process and disposition deviations with rationale acceptable for deployment
- Develop production floor per appropriate ESD, and 5S guidelines
- Optimize and automate assembly and test processes
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM field (Engineering/Industrial/Manufacturing)
- Minimum 5 years manufacturing experience in one of the following:
- Consumer electronics, automotive, medical device, semiconductor capital equipment, Robotics or aerospace industries
- Familiarity with MRP, ERP OR MES
- Familiarity with 5S, Kanban, and other Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Continuous improvement on manufacturing processes
- Excellence at creating work instructions for technicians
- Experience working with or creating a quality management system
- Proven track record of manufacturing of complex systems resulting in a quality product
Nice to Have
- Outsourcing Experience
- Familiarity with FMEA’s, Pareto Charts, Process Optimization, and other Six Sigma tools
- Knowledge of diverse manufacturing techniques like injection molding, vacuum forming, rotational molding, etc. and their pros/cons