Senior Product Designer
What we're doing isn't easy. But nothing worth doing ever is.
We envision a future powered by robots that work seamlessly with human teams. We build artificial intelligence that enables service robots to collaborate with people and adapt to dynamic human environments. Join our mission-driven, venture-backed team as we build out our customer-facing operations arm.
As Diligent’s Senior Product Designer, you will be directly responsible for designing how clinicians work with robots to deliver patient care. We are looking for this Sr. Product Designer to own the experience and shape the roadmap of Diligent’s user-facing product, conducting end-to-end discovery, design, and validation alongside product and engineering. In this role, you’ll establish a lasting foundation of beautiful, accessible, and scalable design system patterns that express Diligent’s brand.
In this job you will:
- Create a vision and MVP for a user-facing web app, refreshing its interaction and visual design and greatly expanding how clients can work with Moxi
- Establish new design patterns, building a modern, branded, and accessible design system to scale our front-end design and development efforts
- Understand what success means for our users and expand how we regularly measure it in collaboration with product and engineering
- Test and validate the usability of enhancements before they ship, then analyze how new features drive client satisfaction and utilization once live
- Build a practice of continuous discovery and user research that extends our product roadmap with opportunities that benefit clients, users, and Diligent.
Experience and Skills You Bring
- Two or more years of experience in product design or a related field
- A history of shipping new products, features, or vastly improving existing products on web and mobile platforms
- Knowledge of design best practices backed by industry research and trends
- Experience creating new design patterns and expanding a cross-platform, responsive design system
- Experience developing protocols for, conducting, analyzing, and creating deliverables (e.g., presentations, journey maps, conceptual frameworks, roadmap opportunities) from user research and testing
- Familiarity with web accessibility guidelines and experience designing software that meets or exceeds those standards
- Proficiency with Figma or similar prototyping software
- Proficiency planning, estimating, and managing work using Jira or similar tool
How You Operate
- Build a vision for what a product can be while guiding others through practical steps to approach that vision
- Systematically identify root problems and potential solutions when faced with ambiguity
- Define measurable success at the beginning of your effort, following through by validating outcomes accordingly
- Clearly articulate design rationale driven by data, best practices, industry trends, or principles of cognitive psychology
- Lead multidisciplinary teams of collaborators and stakeholders through the design process
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and clients, aligning design efforts to the goals of each
- Facilitate collaborative design, critique, research, and decision-making. Inspire creativity and buy-in for design methodology
- Present your work and educate others on design in a winsome way, leveling up our teams’ human-centric approach