Robotics Navigation Engineer
What we’re doing isn’t easy. But nothing worth doing ever is.
We envision a future powered by robots that work seamlessly with human teams. We build the Artificial Intelligence that enables service robots to collaborate with people and adapt to dynamic human environments. Join our team of mission-driven, venture-backed roboticists who will translate cutting-edge research into commercial reality. The technical challenges are immense. With your talent and passion, we will get there faster.
Diligent Robotics is searching for a Navigation Robotics Engineer to help develop Moxi the robot’s core navigation capabilities. As a Navigation Robotics Engineer you will ensure that Moxi is able to safely and autonomously operate in complex hospital environments. The ideal candidate is self driven, passionate, and has experience with C++ and classical navigation techniques. They also have a strong track record of systems integration. This person thrives in a fast paced development environment and has the ability to make rapid decisions. You can deal with ambiguous situations, remove obstacles and aren’t afraid to dive in and read the code.
** Please note we are no longer accepting applications from recent grads for the 2023 cycle.
- Develop navigation algorithms for maneuvering in complex social environments, including path planning, path following, obstacle detection, and avoidance.
- Participate in production on-call support rotations
- Moderate python, beginner level C++
- Basic knowledge of classical motion planning algorithms
- Basic knowledge of localization and mapping algorithms
Nice to Have
- Experience with ROS and the ROS nav stack
- Experience designing interface between high level behavior management and on-the-fly motion planning
- Experience with 3D obstacle avoidance and navigation
- Experience with localization & mapping systems
- Experience with numerical optimization techniques, especially with regard to calibration or motion planning.