Chief Electrical Engineer
Carbo Culture is seeking a Chief Electrical Engineer to join our Engineering team in Finland!
Carbo Culture is a carbon removal technology developer on a mission to help mitigate climate change by permanently removing CO2. We’re headquartered in Helsinki with a subsidiary and ops in the UK and the US. Our team is largely remote, and we meet for team or company wide summits. We work closely together online across time zones using tools such as slack, zoom and the Google suite.
As an electrical chief engineer, you will take the ownership and responsibilities for overseeing the design, development, operation and implementation of electrical systems at our facilities at Carbo Culture. You will work closely with the engineering team, EPCM contractors, and other relevant stakeholders to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the highest standards. You will be involved in:
- Developing and implementing electrical systems and designs that meet the needs of the projects
- Ensuring that all electrical systems are in compliance with industry standards and regulations
- Collaborating with stakeholders to identify and resolve issues related to electrical systems and processes
- Reviewing and approving electrical plans and designs
- Lead ownership of electrical detail engineering, and design principles for the discipline
- Supervising site electrical installations, and occasionally field work and support with troubleshooting problems
- Participating in the selection and procurement of electrical equipment and materials
- Staying up-to-date with the latest industry developments and incorporating new technologies as appropriate
- Preparation of thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations, and sketches
- Identify potential health & safety, design, sustainability and commercial risks on our projects and contribute towards mitigating them
- Acting as a electrical work supervisor for the company
- Electrical Engineering Graduate (BSc. or MSc.) with a minimum of 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
- We expect you to have extensive industrial project experience and experience of discipline lead on EPC projects either on the owner or contractor side.
- Significant knowledge of, and experience with, LV to HV industrial electrical infrastructure
- Demonstrated knowledge of Tukes and other Finnish regulatory compliances for chemicals and electrical safety
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with professional language competency in English.
- Team player, smart-working, problem solver and can-do attitude
- Finnish electrical qualification 1 (S1 certificate)- Must have.