Technical Safety Engineer
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2023
The Technical Safety Engineer will ensure in collaboration with the whole engineering team safety of our proprietary equipment and whole processes in our will support our engineering function with upcoming facilities and ensure process safety and process engineering support to meet the business needs.
This role has the following accountabilities:
- Lead, participate, plan, organize and scribe HAZOPs and risk assessments
- Identify and judge the risk of facilities/design and advise practical solutions to reduce such risks.
- Assist in resolving any discrepancies in the safety aspects by practicable and cost-effective solutions and recommendations
- Support "Fit-for-purpose" implementation of safety standards and develop and maintain applicable procedures and guidelines
- Provides expert advice and input to projects and operations
- Participate in incident investigations, audits
We are keen to speak to individuals with process engineering, technical safety engineering or similar background. You must have proven experience in a process engineering, technical safety or process safety related function.
We also hope you possess the following skills and experience:
- A technical education in preferably process engineering or similar
- Ability to think and communicate across interfaces. Professional proficiency in English and Finnish are a requirement for this role.
- Working knowledge of technical risk assessment tools
- Working knowledge in work processes like management of change, Instrument protective functions, Emergency response, ensure safe production.
- Experience with high temperature, high pressure industrial processes
- Experience with applying relevant industry codes related to process safety
- Strong verbal communication and technical writing skills.
- Ability to work within teams- educate others on how legislation and design standard requirements affect the design, and facilitate risk assessment sessions in a manner that the knowledge of the whole team is utilized.
See more open positions at Carbo Culture
Something looks off?