Growth Operations Manager
B-Stock is hiring for a Growth Operations Manager with experience in B2B operations, sales and/or e-commerce. This person will provide operational support and act as a program manager for our Business Operations Team by overseeing onboarding programs, ensuring the execution of successful transactions, regular reporting and analysis, and support for B-Stock’s partners. While this individual will work closely with the internal business operations team, they will also collaborate with the account management, product, sales, and operations departments to bring new transaction types to our platform. This position will report directly to the Senior Director of Business Operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver a seamless experience to sellers, buyers, and other external stakeholders involved in new transaction methods using standard operating procedures.
- Ensure successful transactions by providing excellent and consistent day-to-day operational support to sellers, buyers, and 3PLs. Solve issues and remove barriers related to payments, shipping, or other services.
- Oversee the launches of new and expanding growth programs. Update and document processes where necessary, anticipate and solve challenging problems to ensure transactional and program success.
- Own reporting and analysis of programs, including setting up monitoring to maintain success KPIs, researching historical data used to describe our growth programs, maintaining Salesforce records, and monthly/quarterly reporting.
- Work closely with B-Stock’s Buyer Growth team to enable buyer success. Identify buyers for major programs and ensure a smooth onboarding process for buyers.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of B-Stock’s business model, platform, solutions, and value. Stay current on markets, competitor activities, and challenges within the current large liquidation buyer landscape.
Work cross-functionally and communicate regularly with B-Stock Teams to execute smooth operational processes.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- 2+ years’ experience with Enterprise B2B transactions or eCommerce
- Bachelor’s in business, marketing, entrepreneurship, supply chain management or related field.
- Experience with, and/or an understanding of the marketplace business model
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to prospect into accounts where necessary
- Sharp problem-solving skills to identify creative and meaningful solutions
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Effective time management and successfully prioritizing work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Proficient in MS Office, Salesforce.com, and other CRMs
- Knowledge in eCommerce, Supply Chain, ERP, or Logistics software solution
- Experienced in working in a start-up-like environment
- Experience in a detail-oriented environment with large transactions
- Experience using Tableau and SQL
- Project management experience
- Competitive compensation packages including bonus and options
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Matching 401(K)
- Paid time off
- Telecommuting and remote-work options
- Support for continuing education
- Team off-sites, social events, annual company events, and frequent extracurricular activities
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
B-Stock is the world's largest B2B recommerce marketplace for excess [or surplus] merchandise. Businesses of all sizes leverage the B-Stock platform to sell and buy customer returns, overstock and other excess merchandise - ranging from top brands and retailers who want best-in-class inventory management to entrepreneurs looking to source valuable merchandise for their resale businesses.
Tens of thousands of small business owners all over the globe use B-Stock to launch and power their resale business. We take pride in empowering these innovators and entrepreneurs of commerce.
In 2020 we sold 120 million items across our platform, giving a second life to this otherwise would be “waste” merchandise. In fact, we kept 400 million pounds of goods in use and saved millions from the landfill. It feels good to be B-Stock!
The amount of returned or unsold inventory continues to grow each year, and in 2020, it was estimated at over $1 trillion worth worldwide. We know there is tremendous value in and demand for this inventory - no matter the category, condition, or location. The B-Stock platform gives buyers a simple way to buy brand-name merchandise directly from top retailers and manufacturers. At the same time, we offer companies an automated, trusted replacement for traditional liquidation while boosting operational efficiency, recovery rates, and cycle time.
Led by eBay veterans and backed by top investors including Spectrum Equity, True Ventures, and Susquehanna Growth Equity, B-Stock shows no signs of slowing down. Our core values have shaped the company we are today and will continue to drive our success for many years to come.
For more information, visit bstock.com/careers/
Make Each Dollar Count
Whether it’s the recovery amount or a buyer’s budget, money matters to all of our clients. And because each dollar matters to them, it matters to us.
Take Our Work Seriously, Not Ourselves
Everything at B-Stock continues to grow - everything but our egos, that is. We’re not afraid to let loose and laugh (often at ourselves).
Do The Hard Things Today That Will Pay Off Tomorrow
We’re willing to sacrifice and endure, fail and adapt to reach our long-term goals.
Use Trust As The Best Measure Of Success
The trust we earn along the way is more valuable than money. Without trust from both our buyers and sellers, our business won’t succeed.
Find Strength In Numbers
Use our passion for data to provide value to our customers, improve ourselves, and develop new ways to delight our buyers and sellers.
No applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” B-Stock also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at B-Stock.
Work Authorization required.