Business Development Representative
B-Stock is searching for a motivated and energetic Business Development Representative (BDR) who will be responsible for identifying and advancing new opportunities from both inbound and outbound lead generation to Sales Qualified Lead (SQL). A successful candidate has at least three years of business development experience in a B2B technology, preferably in either e-commerce, retail or manufacturing sectors. The candidate will possess the skills to convey our value proposition to actively engage and guide key decision makers and influencers to the benefits of B-Stock solutions. This role will report to the Senior Manager, Growth Marketing.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research Target ICP Accounts that meet the B-Stock requirements, identify key contacts, generate interest and develop accounts to stimulate opportunity
- Qualify inbound marketing leads and prospect outbound accounts and contacts with the goal of scheduling sales ready meetings for our Account Executive team. You will be qualifying marketing leads generated from paid advertising, website, trade shows and webinars as well as reaching out to and speaking with senior-level executives prospected from identified target account lists
- Meet and exceed your weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales goals to ensure our pipeline is continually sustained with new opportunities
- Interact with high-level prospects via email, phone, video conferencing and various social media tools
- Effectively split your time between inbound and outbound lead follow-up and prospecting while understanding how to alter and adapt your conversation to tailor to respective prospect’s company, title or decision-making authority
- Hone your ability to adapt selling style based on the various sources that our leads originate from and build an overall understanding of the goals and processes of inbound marketing and outbound prospecting campaigns
- Identifying which B-Stock solution tier works best for a prospect and, if qualified, assigning that prospect to the appropriate Sales Executive, educating the AE on the details of the opportunity and assisting in a smooth lead transition
- Deliver a concise and effective sales presentation that connects with the unique needs of each prospect.
- Be able to quickly overcome and effectively manage objections
- Confidently communicate a comprehensive understanding of B-Stock’s business model, platform, solutions, and value proposition to outside prospects
- Work within a defined sales process, tracking activities and maintaining notes from prospect conversations using Outreach and Salesforce, driving toward accurate pipeline performance reporting and ensuring efficient lead management
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field
- 3+ years experience in Enterprise B2B sales
- Proficient use in automated selling tools to identify which prospects to target, when to reach out, how best to follow-up all while recording each step of the sales process
- An established track record of sales success, routinely meeting and exceeding quotas
- Basic understanding of demand generation is a plus
- Exceptional work ethic with a selling instinct
- Coachable and able to take and implement constructive criticism
- Ability to learn and use new technology in a relatively quick manner with instruction
- Experience using Salesforce, Outreach, LinkedIn Navigator, ZoomInfo, Zoom video conferencing or equivalent business technologies
- Excellent organizational skills to keep leads, contacts and schedules in order
- Problem-solving, creative thinking, teamwork
- Excellent verbal and written business communication skills
- Competitive compensation packages including bonus and options
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Paid Time Off, telecommuting and flexible schedule options
- Support for continuing education
- Team off-sites, social events and extracurricular activities are a staple
- Snacks, drinks, and the occasional box of donuts
B-Stock is the world's largest B2B recommerce marketplace for excess [or surplus] merchandise. Businesses of all sizes leverage the B-Stock platform to sell and buy customer returns, overstock and other excess merchandise - ranging from top brands and retailers who want best-in-class inventory management to entrepreneurs looking to source valuable merchandise for their resale businesses.
Tens of thousands of small business owners all over the globe use B-Stock to launch and power their resale business. We take pride in empowering these innovators and entrepreneurs of commerce.
In 2020 we sold 120 million items across our platform, giving a second life to this otherwise would be “waste” merchandise. In fact, we kept 400 million pounds of goods in use and saved millions from the landfill. It feels good to be B-Stock!
The amount of returned or unsold inventory continues to grow each year, and in 2020, it was estimated at over $1 trillion worth worldwide. We know there is tremendous value in and demand for this inventory - no matter the category, condition, or location. The B-Stock platform gives buyers a simple way to buy brand-name merchandise directly from top retailers and manufacturers. At the same time, we offer companies an automated, trusted replacement for traditional liquidation while boosting operational efficiency, recovery rates, and cycle time.
Led by eBay veterans and backed by top investors including Spectrum Equity, True Ventures, and Susquehanna Growth Equity, B-Stock shows no signs of slowing down. Our core values have shaped the company we are today and will continue to drive our success for many years to come.
For more information, visit bstock.com/careers/
Make Each Dollar Count
Whether it’s the recovery amount or a buyer’s budget, money matters to all of our clients. And because each dollar matters to them, it matters to us.
Take Our Work Seriously, Not Ourselves
Everything at B-Stock continues to grow - everything but our egos, that is. We’re not afraid to let loose and laugh (often at ourselves).
Do The Hard Things Today That Will Pay Off Tomorrow
We’re willing to sacrifice and endure, fail and adapt to reach our long-term goals.
Use Trust As The Best Measure Of Success
The trust we earn along the way is more valuable than money. Without trust from both our buyers and sellers, our business won’t succeed.
Find Strength In Numbers
Use our passion for data to provide value to our customers, improve ourselves, and develop new ways to delight our buyers and sellers.
No applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” B-Stock also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at B-Stock.
Work Authorization required.