Software System Test Engineer
This role will join the Software QA team at Avidbots. The QA team's goal is to ensure that each software release ships with the highest quality code that will work to our customer's complete satisfaction. We have set the bar high and expect to meet or exceed it with every release working on the cutting edge of robotics.
- Collaborate with software development and other cross-functional teams to understand requirements and define comprehensive test plans
- Develop and implement an SQA strategy for robot software, including functional, performance, and safety testing
- Identify, develop, and prioritize well written test cases based on risk analysis, business requirements, and end-user needs
- Perform hands-on functional, system, performance, stress and regression testing on new and existing robot models, both in-house and in customer environments
- Monitor, analyze, and report on test results, identifying and documenting defects and anomalies using appropriate data, analysis and summary documentation
- Work closely with developers to reproduce, investigate, and resolve reported issues
- Continuously evaluate and enhance the SQA testing process to improve efficiency, coverage, and effectiveness
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior members of the SQA team
- BEng/BSc in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mechatronics, or a related field
- Proven experience as a Software QA Engineer, with a focus on testing robotics or complex systems
- Strong understanding of software testing methodologies, tools, and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with peers and superiors, and a strong teamwork ethic
- Strong Linux knowledge (CLI, scripting)
- Creative, motivated self-starter; you get things done with a passion and continuously raising the quality bar
- Successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that may include: criminal/civil background checks and motor vehicle records search
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS).
- Previous work with Jenkins, Jira, Git and Bitbucket.
At Avidbots, we believe in solving real world problems with autonomous cleaning robotic solutions to unlock humanity’s potential. Neo is our current groundbreaking autonomous floor scrubbing robot that enhances facility cleanliness around the world empowering reallocation of human capital to higher priority focuses… and we’re just getting started!
Headquartered in Kitchener, ON, Canada, we are an employee-focused organization that has been certified a Great Place to Work® consecutively for the last 4 years and one of Deloitte's Fast 500 (2021).
Now is your opportunity to join a fast-growing technology company built on teamwork, innovation, and boundless ambition!
***Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada for any employer
CAD: Avidbots is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. We are a diverse Canadian company founded by international students, and we are proud of the strengths our diversity brings. We hold our executives to the same standards as all of our employees, and we believe work should be a safe space for all. Avidbots has an absolutely zero tolerance policy for discrimination or hate against members of any race, religion or sexual orientation. We also offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is critical to ensure the happiness/well-being of our people.
Upon request, Avidbots will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.