Staff Electrical Engineer
Artyc is on a mission to decarbonize cold chain logistics with refrigerant-free, reusable, active cooling containers. Refrigerants are quickly becoming the largest source of greenhouse gas emissions and, in combination with the loss of agricultural, pharmaceutical, and medical goods in transit, are expected to have an impact of 160 gigatons of carbon dioxide equivalent emissions across the next decade. Artyc is committed to reducing spoilage while increasing access to cold-storage products in rural, international, and underserved communities to address the global cold chain gap. As a team and company, we are devoted to environmental and social impact; Artyc is a registered Public Benefit Corporation.
As a Staff Electrical Engineer at Artyc, you will be helping us design PCBs, wiring harnesses, and firmware as well as build out our electrical engineering team with a close-knit team. We are looking for passionate and highly skilled people to join our team and be part of growing their respective organizations within the company. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages as well as flexible working situations whenever possible.
For the Staff Electrical Engineer position at Artyc, we are looking for someone who is a leader, a critical thinker, and has experience managing the engineering needs of a product throughout its lifecycle. With our CTO, you will make important strategic, resource allocation, and product decisions.
- Experienced in designing PCBs in KiCad or Eagle
- Built firmware in C/C++
- Familiarity with designing control systems
- Background in IoT
- Feel at home in a rapid prototyping and hands-on environment
- Collaborate well with a diverse team of engineers
- Experience building and leading a team of engineers
- 8+ years of experience
- Used FreeRTOS or similar real-time operating systems
- Implementations of WiFi and/or Bluetooth protocol
- Coded in assembly, verilog, or another low-level language
- Understand multithreading and task prioritization in resource-constrained environments
- Can create accurate power budgets
- Enjoy connecting and collaborating with external stakeholders and vendors
You will get to:
- Be part of the engineering leadership team and weigh in on important product and company decisions
- Design, prototype, and iterate on new designs
- Work closely with our mechanical and software teams to build complete solutions
- Collaborate with our project management and operations teams to manage timelines, milestones, and manufacturing objectives
- Be key to the success of Artyc’s products
You will thrive in Artyc’s culture if:
- You are an independent thinker who is excited to work at a fast-growing start-up
- You want to be part of a mission-driven team focused on social change & impact, including decarbonizing logistics, preventing food waste & spoilage, and driving global healthcare access.
- You value honesty and transparency
- You are comfortable in less-structured environments
- You are detailed oriented and produce high-quality work
- You are a nice human
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive team. If you're excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we still encourage you to apply. We look forward to hearing from you!