At the dawn of mobile apps, Airship powered the first commercial messages and then expanded its data-led approach to all re-engagement channels (mobile wallet, SMS, email), app UX experimentation and feature release management.
Now, with Airship App Experience Platform (AXP), brands can create and adapt native app experiences on their own — with no ongoing developer support or app updates required.
Having powered trillions of mobile app interactions for thousands of global brands, Airship is proud to be at the forefront of what has become the digital center of customer experience, loyalty and monetization — mobile app experience (MAX).
About the Role
We are looking for an efficient and detail-oriented billing analyst to join the Finance organization at Airship Group, Inc. The billing analyst is responsible for leading all customer billing activities, including coordinating with other departments to ensure the completeness and accuracy of all customer bills, contract review, billing setup in NetSuite, timely submission of invoices to customers, resolving billing issues, and other billing related activities.
Example of Work Performed:
- Generate and process monthly invoices for SaaS subscriptions, taking into account various pricing tiers and usage levels using the subscription billing system, and ensure that they are accurate and timely
- Process new SaaS and professional services contracts
- Diagnose and resolve basic and complex customer billing and accounts receivable questions or problems promptly to ensure that customers are billed correctly
- Collaborate with Sales, Customer Success, Deal Desk, Accounting, and Support to ensure a smooth and efficient billing process
- Assist in developing and optimizing billing processes to enhance efficiency and accuracy
- Monitor billing metrics and identify opportunities for improvement
- Write SOPs for various functions as necessary
- Maintain a list of ongoing contracts and related subscriptions
- Prepare regular reports and updates on billing activities, outstanding payments, and trends
- Stay up-to-date with industry best practices and changes in subscription billing models
- Reconciling invoices with financial reports and resolving any discrepancies
- Perform other responsibilities for billing related reporting, including pass through taxes, carrier fees, sales taxes, and other billing elements as assigned
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or a related field
- 3+ years working in the SaaS or technology sector
- Proficiency with NS, or any ERP platform, Salesforce or any CRM platform
- Strong understanding of SaaS pricing models, subscription lifecycles, and billing intricacies
- Excellent attention to detail and numerical accuracy
- Problem-solving mindset with the ability to address billing discrepancies and resolve issues
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and collaboratively with minimal oversight
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to articulate both verbally and in writing
Airship’s Talent Commitment
At Airship, we are committed to Attracting, Retaining and Growing Top Talent. To do so, we strive to make our innovative digital-first organization a great place to work and provide employees with compensation that is aligned to our Company mission and values.
Our culture is one of High-performance, Accountability, and Team Collaboration, and our Compensation structure is designed to reflect that.
Compensation at Airship
Airship’s compensation is determined by a variety of factors including market data, experience ladders, and geographical location. The starting salary range for this position is: $64,000 - $74,700 per year. Some roles may also be eligible for commission, bonus, competitive equity packages and other performance incentives. In addition, we also provide an extensive suite of Benefits offerings as part of our Total Rewards approach to compensation.
CCPA disclosure notice here.
Benefits at Airship
Workplace Flexibility (Fully Remote Option) + WFH stipends + Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance (PPO/HSA Options) + Mental Health Benefits + Open PTO Policy (take the time you need) + 401(k) Retirement Plan w/a match + Stock Options + Professional Development Program + Mentorship Program + Employee Resource Groups + Culture Club + Supplemental Benefits (Life Insurance, Short/Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending) + Parental Leave + Employee Assistance Program + Referral Bonus Program.
Duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of the Employer.