Senior Growth Product Manager
Product, Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA · Remote
Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2023
Academia.edu is a venture-backed, for-profit business based in San Francisco. Our mission is to accelerate the world’s research, and we have spent the last 13 years building the world’s largest online network for sharing and finding academic research. With over 216MM users and nearly half of the world’s academics using our platform every month, our product team develops compelling products for academics and researchers at scale.
As a Senior Growth Product Manager, you will be responsible for product-led growth initiatives with a focus on increasing user growth, revenue, engagement, and retention. You’ll be a key driver and hands-on in synthesizing insights from analysis and research to diagnose which business initiatives to prioritize and execute to drive growth. You will work across all aspects of the product, run lots of A/B tests, and drive significant business impact.
- Drive significant growth in key metrics (revenue, user growth, engagement, retention)
- Partner with Analytics, Product research and design to understand customer behavior
- Leverage customer insights and data to identify growth levers
- Develop and prioritize growth product roadmap Work with cross-functional team to lead A/B test execution and interpret results (supported by data scientists)
- Constantly drive hypotheses for the next areas of growth and optimization
- Regularly surface experimentation findings, insights and opportunities to cross-functional teams and Executive leadership
- Help drive the overall product strategy for the company
- At least 2 years of experience as a Senior Product Manager on a growth product team, ideally for a consumer internet company
- At least 4 years of product management experience in total
- Data-driven decision maker
- Experience designing and running A/B tests, significant experience with lean testing
- Strategic, creative and analytic - 50/50 left brain/right brain
- Significant experience with using both qualitative and quantitative user research in growth
- Ability to interpret data to identify key insights, and inform product decisions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to lead and influence others
- Proven ability to lead teams consisting of engineering, user research, UX, and analytics
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- BS degree, MS/MBA a plus
The first-year cash compensation for this role is targeted at $190,000 to $250,000 in the US and $130,000 - $220,000 in Canada. Multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, determine final offer amounts and may vary from those mentioned above.
See more open positions at Academia
Something looks off?