Senior Product Manager
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, November 10, 2023
Academia.edu is a venture backed, for profit business based in San Francisco. We have spent the last 13 years building the world’s largest network for sharing and finding academic research online. With over 250MM users and nearly half of the world’s academics using our platform every month, our product team develops and grows compelling products for researchers and academics at massive scale. In addition to our mission of accelerating the world’s research, we are in a unique position to disrupt the $25B academic publishing industry as well as develop highly impactful products in the education space. We are profitable, growing and hiring! Come join us and make a difference while building a successful business!
As a Senior Product Manager, you will develop and ship amazing products that delight Academia’s millions of readers and authors, and drive meaningful business impact. You will play a key role in driving the overall product strategy for a major area of the business, and will lead one or more cross functional teams to execute on the product vision.
- Define and prioritize the product roadmap for a key product area(s)
- Lead a cross-functional team(s) of engineers, designers, data scientists and user researchers to build and develop the product
- Drive innovation, definition, deliverables planning, and design of new products
- Define and analyze product metrics to inform decision-making and measure success
- Define product requirements for MVPs and new features/enhancements
- Help drive our overall product strategy
- Drive results/impact!
- 5+ years of B2C online product management experience
- Experience building and scaling a product for millions of users
- Proven track record of business impact
- Strategic, creative and analytic - 50/50 left brain/right brain
- Know how to delight customers and how to use data to know if you did
- Proven ability to lead teams consisting of engineering, user research, UX, and analytics
- Significant experience with A/B testing
- Significant experience with both qualitative and quantitative user research
- Prior startup experience a must - bonus points if you’ve had a successful pivot
- Understanding of key technologies and ability to converse at a technical level
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- BS degree, MS/MBA preferred
What's in it for you?
- Mission-Driven Company: Join a company that is mission-driven but that is also financially secure and stable.
- Leadership: Lead the definition and implementation of entire product lines.
- Impact: Make a significant contribution to the user experience, driving growth and enhancing user satisfaction.
- Career Growth: Explore opportunities for career advancement
- Kind Company Culture: Work for an organization that values kindness, fostering a supportive and inclusive work culture.
- Competitive Compensation: Enjoy a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Diversity and Inclusion
Academia is a proud equal-opportunity employer and we are committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.